General Matters

MPLC also undertakes general solicitors' work to cater to the basic need for legal services for the man in the street.



  • Power of Attorneys
  • Wills & Probate
  • Family & Matrimonial Law
  • Lasting Power of Attorney
  • Applications under the Mental Capacity Act


Frequently Asked Questions about General Matters

You have to be married for at least 3 years before you can file for a divorce in Singapore. You would also have to show that the marriage has irretrievably broken down. There are various facts which you may rely upon to show this such as adultery, unreasonable behaviour, desertion or separation. Contact our lawyers to find out more about the process and what is required before you file for one.

It is highly recommended to seek legal advice if you wish to file for a divorce, of if your spouse wishes to file for one. A divorce has an impact on your future, including the right or obligation to pay maintenance, as well as custody, care and control of your child/children. A lawyer would be able to provide guidance on the process and protect your rights.

A Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) is a legal document which allows a person, known as the donor, to appoint one or more individuals, known as donees, to make decisions on their behalf in the event the donor loses mental capacity to make decisions for themselves. You have to be at least 21 years old in order to make an LPA.

If you do not have an LPA and you lose mental capacity, your loved ones may have to apply to Court to be appointed as your deputy so that they can make decisions on your behalf. We would be able to assist you in such an application. Please contact us to find out more about the process.

Probate and administration is the legal process of appointing someone to manage a deceased’s estate. The difference is whether the deceased has left a valid will. If the deceased has a valid will, the executor(s) named in the will shall have to apply to Court and obtain a Grant of Probate. If the deceased did not leave a valid will, the applicant will have to apply to Court and obtain a Grant of Letters of Administration.


N E E D   A S S I S T A N C E ?

 Talk to Us Today

Call Us

Email Us

Locate Us